How our views of heritage are changing.
- Heritage and Culture
- Heritage and Identity
- Heritage and Land
- Heritage and Public Policy
- Heritage Web Links
A Gallery of Heritage places - an index with thumbnail images of all the heritage sites referred to throughout this website.
Australian Heritage Timelines - Chronologies in the classroom.
- An Australian 20th century timeline
- An Indigenous Australian timeline
- An Australian environmental activism timeline
Strategies for undertaking and using oral histories. Investigating family heritage.
Interpreting the past in buildings and structures, photographs, maps and using other visual histories.
Site investigations and using local records.
Exploring Heritage Teaching Materials
4 teaching units and some suggestions for creating teaching and learning programs along with links to the NSW History and Geography syllabuses (NSW SC and HSC).
- Focus area - Notions of Citizenship
- Focus area - Changing Technologies
- Focus area - Integrating Gender Perspectives
- Focus area - Issues of Aboriginal Heritage
- Focus area - Innovation and Australia's Future
- Focus area - Defence and Security
- Focus area - Advancing Economically
- Focus area - Integrating perspectives of Economic Groups
- Focus area - Investigating Heritage and Popular Culture
- Focus area - Urban Expansion
- Focus area - Revisiting Notions of Citizenship
- Focus area - Voicing Rights and Freedoms
- Focus area - Integrating Multicultural Perpsectives
- Focus area - Dialogues for Reconciliation
- Focus area - Saving our Heritage
- Focus area - Images of Continuing Cultures
- Focus Area - Integrating Regional and Global Perspectives
- Focus Area - Investigating Rural Heritage
Recommended databases and search engines [external links]. Downloadable searches, activities and lessons are provided.
History teachers, academics, heritage professionals, museum curators and historians answer questions about heritage. A selection of Audio files and transcripts are provided.
A listing of all available downloads for this site including lessons and document extracts. Most are provided in Microsoft Word format.
A listing of quick links to all available transcripts for this site. Most are also provided in Microsoft Word format in the site downloads section.